Monday, June 9, 2014

45 years already?

 I asked God to take over my life 45 years ago. I was 23 years old and had so much of my life ahead of me.  Now I am 68 (almost) and struggle every day in my journey to fulfilled discipleship.  45 years, I should be a saint right?  Not so much. Though I love God with all my heart, am active in my church and try to be a good example to others around me, I fail. There I said it, I fail.  I struggle to say inoffensive words when the words I really want to say are battling for air time.  I turn my head for a pretty girl though I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world. I don't make a phone call when everything in me says I should.  I take the easy way out when confronted with a difficult situation. Why do I fail, I guess because I am human.  That stinkin' serpent in the garden messed it up for all of us. 

One thing I do know, I am determined to honor Jesus Christ in my life.  It may look a little messy and chaotic at times but that's why the Holy Spirit was given, so that I wouldn't have to figure out how to do it all right on my own. As God is my witness and the Holy Spirit gives me strength I will conquer my demons and continue my journey to be the best disciple I can, though it may look out of control at times and I may run face first into a few walls along the way.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

This is The Chaotic Christian

This is The Chaotic Christian