Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I submit that it is very difficult......

l submit that it is very difficult to understand who you will become until you have a firm grasp on who you are. For it is only as you turn the real you over to a holy God that He will be able to do the work in you that will enable your full potential to be realized. This is an understanding that is causing me to ask myself, who am I?

I am husband. Not a perfect one by any means but I try.
I am father and step-father to six great kids. Have I made mistakes, oh yeah.
I am grandfather to 14 and great - grandfather to three. I have not been all that I could be for them.
I am friend to many and acquaintance to many more - yet I rarely pick up the phone.
I am runner, not fast and I fall occasionally - yet I continue.
I am photographer. I am actually pretty good at it but am neglectful in practicing the craft.
I am quilter, and I have piles of untouched fabric and two expensive, lightly used sewing machines to prove it.
Most importantly I am Christian. An imperfect Christian to be sure, but it is good to know that God loves me anyway and is ok with me.

So, I think I know who I am.  And who I think I am hardly qualifies me to be an effective disciple in the kingdom of God, or does it?  The thing is I also know a couple of things about me that maybe God can use.

I am genuinely interested in other people.
I will listen to anybody.
I earnestly desire to live a life that pleases God.
I am healthy and work hard at staying that way.
I am only 68 and plan to have bunches of years to serve God.

So, God, here I am - imperfect but willing and sincere. Use me.


1 comment:

  1. The great thing about imperfection and weakness is God's ability to use those to make His Glory shine! Shine on Daddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This is The Chaotic Christian

This is The Chaotic Christian