Friday, October 17, 2014

It's just hard to....

get it right sometimes. Calling myself a disciple of Jesus Christ inspires me to do things that I couldn't even dream of attempting if I couldn't depend on the inspiration and leading of the Holy Spirit that Jesus put within me when I accepted Him as Lord and Savior.  And yet I have to be honest, things still don't always go smoothly.  I get inspired and step out in a new direction only to find myself floundering after an initial burst of enthusiasm and energy.  I have found that I am very good at starting things but not always so good at following through and actually completing them. I'm getting a little weary of it if I may be so bold. But I press on because I know that in spite of everything God knows me and loves me just like I am. 

1 comment:

  1. I am such a flake when it comes to following through with things. Even if its things I initially loved, or love on a given day.... like my blog that I love, my reading plans, particular Bible studies I long to do... Something *always* gets in the way though... Definitely has some hidden lessons in there, somewhere. Has to be... Otherwise, it's all flaws of me with no good...no hope... And, we all know there is *abundant* hope in Christ Jesus. He can use our mistakes and even maybe our well intentioned but "follow through" issues--He can use it all..

    ReplyDelete

This is The Chaotic Christian

This is The Chaotic Christian